Finally got round to it! | August 3, 2003I installed Movabletype at the beginning of summer in order to check it out and possibly start a blog. However the default styles were pretty shocking so I realized (being the design tart that I am) that I'd only use the thing if it looked nice. I did a search on Google for MT templates but just couldn't find anything even halfway descent so realised I'd have to make one myself. However I've been really busy with my photography portfolio so it's taken me till this weekend to sort something out. The design is very rough. It literally took me 2hrs to put together in Photoshop and then around 6hrs to build the stylesheets and tweak the templates. The blog is sufficiently complete that I can start posting to it. However there is a bunch of stuff I still need to do.
- I need to split off the styles into a basic and advanced stylesheet.
- I need to do some more browser testing. It seems fine on most modern browsers but IE5 Win98 has problems with the floating.
- Need to make sure it's standards compliant and accessible
- Want to add some css rollovers to the nav and possibly turn it into a list
- Need to add some links and stuff to the side bar
Posted at August 3, 2003 8:13 PM