Finally got round to it! | August 3, 2003

I installed Movabletype at the beginning of summer in order to check it out and possibly start a blog. However the default styles were pretty shocking so I realized (being the design tart that I am) that I'd only use the thing if it looked nice. I did a search on Google for MT templates but just couldn't find anything even halfway descent so realised I'd have to make one myself. However I've been really busy with my photography portfolio so it's taken me till this weekend to sort something out. The design is very rough. It literally took me 2hrs to put together in Photoshop and then around 6hrs to build the stylesheets and tweak the templates. The blog is sufficiently complete that I can start posting to it. However there is a bunch of stuff I still need to do. If anybody notices any bugs on the site, please let me know by adding a comment below. Cheers

Posted at August 3, 2003 8:13 PM

Comments

aquisse said on August 11, 2003 9:58 PM

hello andy,

i like your work (your photography portfolio and the message site), very beautiful, i like
the minimal colour and the typographic detail.
also very nicely coded.

i am not sure if thre is a layout
glitch occuring with your blog, but anyway
here goes:

between the word blogography and the
menu bar i am seeing a gap of about 3 inches.
so am seeing a big area of whitespace.

i am using IE6 on PC/Win98

well, hope this helps.

//aquisse

Andy said on August 11, 2003 11:19 PM

Very strange. There should be an image in between the logo and menu bar. The image is being attached as a background to a div. It’s a pretty standard thing to do in CSS so i’m surprised it’s causing problems in IE6. Will have to look into this.

Cheers for the heads up.