Brighton Comedy Festival | October 4, 2003
This years Brighton Comedy Festival starts soon. Unfortunately I'm not going to be around to see it. However if I were, these would be the acts I'd go and see.
- Bill Bailey - Usually when a comedian brings out a musical instrument, it's a sure sign the show is going to be pants. That's unless the comedians name is Bill Bailey. I've only seen him perform live once, but his act was sheer genius.
- Daniel Kitson - You the man. Looking like a cross between and open university lecturer and a pedophile, Daniel Kitson is one of the funniest and most respected newcomers on the circuit. If I only saw one show it would probably be this one.
- Robert Newman - You may remember Rob as the funny one from The Mary Whitehouse Experience. Shame then that the less talented one went on to bigger and better things. However Rob's now back on the comedy circuit and doing great things. Political, topical and funny. Think Mark Thomas but with jokes.
- Dave Gorman - I wasn't actually a big fan of Are you Dave Gorman?. However his "Googlewhack Adventure" sounds promising so this show would definitely be on my possibles list.
- Danny Bhoy - I've missed seeing Danny Bhoy at the last 2 Edinburgh festivals I went to, which is unfortunate as he was supposed to have had one of the best shows at the festival. Looks like I'll be missing him again in Brighton.
- Jimmy Carr - Funny affable comedian, with some great obscure observations and bizarre one liners.
- Chris Addison - I've seen Chris perform at Edinburgh twice and each time it's been the highlight of the festival. Great timing, great delivery, this comedian really knows his craft.
- Adam Hills - Great Aussie comedian doing amazing things in the UK. Saw him at Edinburgh last year and was really impressed. One of the top 3 shows I saw.
- Ed Byrne - I saw Ed do standup (and shared an after show beer with him) when I worked as front of house in Brightons Komedia comedy club around 4 years ago. He's a very likable, very funny chap that never fails to put on a top class performance.
Posted at October 4, 2003 9:39 AM