Mobile Phone Advice | April 22, 2004
My Apple iPhone post got me thinking that I could do with a new mobile phone. Here are some of the things I’d want from a new mobile.
- An integrated camera that takes reasonable quality pictures.
- The ability to sync with iCal and Address Book.
- The ability to use the phone while travelling in Asia.
- Compact shape. I generally prefer the “candy bar” style to the “clamshell” style.
- I’m a design slut, so it must look good.
Some cool, but not strictly necessary features would be:
- The ability to remotely control my Mac using something like Sailing Clicker.
- The ability to collect pop3 mail.
- Browse the web and moBlog.
- I don’t currently own a laptop, but plan to get a iBook at some stage. It would be handy if I could use phone to connect to the net, I guess using GPRS.
So I’m looking for some advice here. Do you have a mobile phone that you’d really recommend? If so, what is it about your phone that you like so much? Is there anything around at the moment that meets my main criteria, or would it be better waiting a few months to see what new phones are released?
Posted at April 22, 2004 9:07 AM