Sydney Opera House | June 17, 2004

Sydney is an amazing city and one that tops the list of places I'd like to live. The Opera House Is probably the cities best known landmark, and one of the most photogenic buildings around.

Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House

Posted at June 17, 2004 11:43 PM

Comments

cade said on June 18, 2004 12:30 AM

i work across from the opera house and see it pretty much everyday. nice pictures and thanks for reminding me how startlingly unique the building is.

JB said on June 18, 2004 12:47 AM

I used to live across the habour from the opera house and this is making home sick :(

A seven minute ferry ride across the habour each morning was my commute…..

Adrian said on June 18, 2004 8:29 AM

Beautiful, simply put. The depth of the blue is so incredibly deep. Did you take this photo?

Andy Budd said on June 18, 2004 9:18 AM

Sure did Adrian. For more pics of Sydney, check out my travel photography gallery. Oh, and if any of you Sydneysiders what to offer me a job, feel free to drop me line :-)

JeZZa said on June 18, 2004 1:53 PM

Well you obviously had better weather when you visited Sydney than I did 9 years ago. For me there was wind, rain and I can remember a fairly large building was also on fire somwhere in Sydney. Bit sketchy I know but was almost 10 years ago, now. After I went to Sydney, I travelled to Cairns which is a wonderful place, and since I live in backwards Norfolk, being in the tropics and visiting the Great Barrier Reef was unbeliable, I shall have to dig out the photographs.

Charlie said on June 18, 2004 3:13 PM

Are you adjusting the levels on these images? I typically do this to dramatize my images, but I hear some photographers can extract deep color out of nowhere.

Lee Hickman said on June 19, 2004 10:46 PM

I was in Western Australia in Feb/March and passed on a trip to Sydney because I was just to damn chilled out.

Your photo’s of the opera house have got me hitting myself very hard! Great pictures, what kind of camera were you using?

Sara Lander said on June 23, 2004 12:52 AM

I was staring out of the bus window this morning, travelling from Bondi Beach into work, and the sky was the same shade as in these photos. It’s one of those stunning Sydney winter days today - 21 degrees celsius and the whales are putting on a show for their and our amusement. Come back to visit someday!

Andy Budd said on June 23, 2004 9:05 AM

You’ve a hard life Sara. I’m sure we’re all very jealous. I know I am.