2004 Edinburgh Festival | August 9, 2004
Just back from a weekend in Edinburgh and had a really nice time. If you’re planning to go up for the festival I can definitely recommend
- Chris Addison - I’ve seen him 3 times at Edinburgh and he never fails to amuse. His shows are polished, intelligent and very funny. In my opinion, Chris is one of the most consistent comedians on the block today.
- Marcus Brigstock - Despite being only a third full on Friday night, Marcus was cooking on gas. Very smart, very funny and very much worth seeing. I guarantee that next year his shows will sell out!
- Arthur’s seat - Climb up, have a picnic, enjoy the view.
- The Royal Mile - Wall to wall performers, buskers and all kinds of craziness. Bring your telephoto lens and plan to spend a good few hours soaking up the atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon.
If you want to save yourself some money I would suggest avoiding
- Adam Bloom - A stalwart of the comedy circuit, I was expecting good things from Adam. Unfortunately his show was mediocre at best. I hope it’s just a blip and he’ll be back on form next year.
- Brendon Burns - The first half of Brendon’s show was funny in an offensive way that only an Aussie could pull off. The second half was dire, self absorbed nonsense. Do your self a favour and see Adam Hills instead.
Posted at August 9, 2004 9:09 AM