Java Games For the Sony Ericsson K700i | December 19, 2004

I’ve been really pleased with my new Sony Ericsson K700i mobile phone. Unfortunately the games that come pre-installed on the phone are pretty poor. Being new to mobile phone gaming I wondered if there was much of a shareware game culture out there. I did a bit of a Google and it appears that there isn’t. However there does seem to be a good number of sites offering illegal downloads of pirated games. As we all know the downloading of pirated material is both illegal and immoral, so I urge you to avoid sites such as this, this and this which offer an amazing selection of Java games for the K700.

Posted at December 19, 2004 5:27 PM

Comments

Rob McMichael said on December 19, 2004 5:55 PM

It’s terrible isn’t it andy!

Using my powerbook I would have been able to send across great games such as prince of persia, XIII, splinter cell and Rayman if it wasn’t for my hight morels!

It is good getting iSync working with the K700i as well, shame they don’t support the photo phone book though.

The file transfer on OSX is very simple too, allowing me to have a nice MP3 as my alarm and also getting a normal ring tone on there :)

Should keep me ticking over till they bring out the apple phone :)

Richard@Home said on December 19, 2004 7:37 PM

The real issue (for me) with downloading ‘warez’ is you never know what other code they’ve tagged along with the game.

I doubt a mobile phone could be hijacked in the same way as a PC could, but the smarter these phones get…

Mathias Bynens said on December 19, 2004 8:40 PM

Sony Ericsson phones are like Macs: a pleasure to work with.

Mark said on December 19, 2004 9:45 PM

LOL

i think i just woke up my neighbours while sitting on the balcony for a smoke.

thx for the information how to avoid those sites ;-)

Kevin Navia said on December 20, 2004 7:37 AM

Does your service have any downloads for your phone? I’ve tried downloading some games for the Nokia 6600 to my k700i (from our network service of course). Costly I know, but only a handfull worked fine.

sil said on December 20, 2004 7:38 AM

Ha!
I’ll, er, get a friend of mine to have a look at those…

(PS: email address is required, even though the form doesn’t indicate such.)

ian said on December 20, 2004 10:46 AM

i’m looking for pacman or any of those wicked retro games like loderunner, aztec etc.. for the k700i.. any ideas anyone?

Andy Budd said on December 20, 2004 7:55 PM

It’s probably not retro enough but I met somebody who had a Sega megadrive (think it was called something else in the states) emulator on his mobile, allowing him to play the original sonic the hedgehog game. I had a look for a K700i version but couldn’t find anything. Would be great if there was one though.

Andy Peatling said on December 21, 2004 9:50 PM

Yep, the mega-drive was the Sega Genesis in the States… and apparently the mega-drive was the master-system… weird.

mark said on December 26, 2004 11:49 AM

i cant seem to email things to my k700i, am i thick? i only just got it, maybe with somemore trial and error, it keeps asking for an email code when i email from the phone…..this i dont know :(

Crisis13 said on July 3, 2005 6:44 PM

check this one is you like RETRO:

got to ‘emulator’ => ‘2jme’

Crisis13 said on July 3, 2005 6:51 PM

They have free downloads with competability info, several phones mentioned.

BUT there’s a spyware-nagg!!!

According “pc-tools-spywaredoctor’

March said on July 8, 2005 8:04 AM

can anybody teach me how 2 download a games for my cellphone model ericson k700i
thnks 4 your help

ΑΓΓΕΛΟΣ said on July 29, 2005 3:51 PM

Hi andy.Thank you very much for not telling us where we can find java games for our k700i.Keep up the good work

wow-gold said on September 2, 2005 6:12 AM

Not bad for those who has K700i, but I think the basic function of mobil phone is not for game but communication. If you want to play games, why not use PSP or Gameboy?

tonio said on September 23, 2005 2:04 PM

yeah andy, thanks very much for being secret

Xoier said on October 11, 2005 2:30 AM

Nice link.. do u have links to SE K508i Games.. tnx…

Chezzo said on October 18, 2005 10:27 AM

Once i’ve downloaded the .jar files to pc, how do i install them on the phone? Just putting them there with my Bluetooth dongle doesn’t seem to work…

chezzo said on October 18, 2005 5:56 PM

Did I mention I’d be happy to invite anyone who helps me to Gmail?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Chezzo said on October 18, 2005 6:09 PM

On the other hand, don’t bother. It works now ;-)

kotsos said on October 19, 2005 11:30 AM

chech out http://maestro.intramail.ru/files/java/index.php?page=1&sort=date

Para said on October 19, 2005 1:47 PM

I just came across another site that freely supply’s “Warez” for the K700 & K750 ….

This is wrong, wrong, wrong. I dont understand how these people can effectivley take away money from the developers and not think twice about it. This site should be ashamed of themselves.

Ross said on October 23, 2005 10:01 AM

The links really hepled me out, thanks to all peoplz out there, where do you get all these links, from a search engine?

kenny said on November 18, 2005 7:01 AM

i have downloaded some java application on ma pc with a .jar extention but it doesnt seem to work on my SE k700i….well what i did down load is phoneybible…and it kinda has too many files..i dont even know which to download..pls help me.i really need that application..pls

kenny said on November 18, 2005 7:15 AM

hi andy, i have another problem…hw is it possible to know the file from ur pc that will be compatible with ur phone..i can download the file using wap on my phone but if i download thesame file from my pc it goes to the “other” folder..which inturn cant be used…so pls i need ur help…or can u send a bible software file that can work on my SE k700i

Toni said on November 24, 2005 3:01 PM

On my (nokia) last phone playing java’s worked by just transferring the .jar & .jad in the same folder on the phone. Now I have this sony ericsson k700i and I understood that the .jad is not nesessary or something?
Anyways I would like to have some information on how to make the games work…

Ross said on December 27, 2005 7:18 PM

.jar is the basic extension for the games, .jad is an older version of java and therefore is not needed. Heres a list of all the files a k700 SHOULD support:
.jar/mp3/mp4/3gp/jpg/jpeg/bmp/gif/wav/mid(midi). Any others you find let me know.

j said on January 7, 2006 10:54 AM

im lucky wiv my k700i becoz my laptop has inferred so i download games 2 ma laptop n den send dem 2 ma phone

magadh said on January 10, 2006 7:05 AM

hii ,
my k 700i is not able to play some .wav as well as some video files …I dont kno why I am facing the problems..moreover that same file is played on nokia models(6600.etc…..). When such video and audio files are transfered frm nokia 6600 to my cell via bluetooth or infrared they automatically get saved in others and sounds folders respectively but when I try to play them it gives the message ” PLAYBACK FAILED ” …

Can somebody explain the appropriate solution for it..

Thank you in advance….

Tolu said on January 19, 2006 10:10 AM

Hi,I try to download games on my SE k700i but it didn’t work.Can you please tell me how it works.

stu said on January 22, 2006 9:28 PM

cheers m8 i couldn’t find any ova website that i could get games, ringtones etc 4 free, thanx a lot

jimmy bassey said on February 1, 2006 3:02 AM

i need where i can download free games for my se w800 via usb, i’ll be glad if u can help me

Bloghead said on February 1, 2006 4:08 AM

Hi yer andy and fellow K700i phone user. I just got my phone last month and I’ve found a lot of sites with Free wallpaper, games, themes creator etc. If you guys are interested just visit my blog there’s some links there. Cheers! Oh, yeah. Cool blog!

peter said on February 21, 2006 1:32 PM

to install games send the .jar file to the “Other” folder on your phone by data cable/bluetooth. open Other file and select game file. should install automatically and ask where to save game.

rakesh said on February 22, 2006 9:13 AM

send me dis game

neil said on February 24, 2006 8:32 PM

I still cant figure out how to install the game after i have dumped the .jar games in the other folder. There is no select button, only send and more buttons. Pls help. —thnx

Macio said on March 23, 2006 8:30 AM