Top 5 Web Applications of 2004 | December 22, 2004
Here are my top five web applications of 2004. What are yours?
- Gmail - Not that I actually use my Gmail account much, but you have to admit that Gmail feaver hit the blogsphere hard with all kinds of sites giving away free accounts. I hope the person who came up with that idea gets a big fat bonus this Christmas.
- Browsercam - I don’t think this site was new for 2004, but that’s when I first discovered and started using it. I used to use Virtual PC to do my testing, but these days Browsercam just seems more convenient. Not only can you test your designs on around 30 browser/platform combinations, but using their Java VNC client you can preview the whole site on any browser you want. Cool
- Stock.xchng - Great source of free (as in Beer) stock photography.
- Gravatar - This isn’t a service I actually use, but I do think it’s quite a cool idea, and it seems to be taking off amongst the cool blogging set.
- Google Suggest - Sneaking in at the last minute, I really love Googles new Suggest feature, which puts XMLHttpRequest to good use.
Posted at December 22, 2004 8:50 AM