Top 5 Films of 2004 | January 5, 2005
I found it quite easy coming up with my “Top 5 Films of 2004” list, because there really haven’t been many films that have stood out to me this year. Spiderman 2 was fun, and is possibly the best comic adaptation I’ve seen. I had high hopes form both Hero and House of Flying Daggers but neither lived up to my expectations. While they both looked stunning, the flow and narrative just didn’t capture my interest in the same way as Croaching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Even Farennheit 9/11 failed to impress, being far too crude and emotionally manipulating for my liking – The BBC’s The Power of Nightmares documentary doing the same job, much more intelligently.
So here is my top 5 list. What were your favourite movies of 2004?
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – Loverly, quirky movie from the pen of Charlie Kaufman
- The Incredibles – Great animated adventure from Pixar
- The Return of the King – Best of the trilogy in my book
- Shaun of the Dead – If you liked this RomZomCom you’ll love Spaced
- Infernal Affairs – Intelligent Hong Kong action thriller.
Posted at January 5, 2005 9:16 AM