SXSW 2005 is Getting Close | February 27, 2005

So SXSW 2005 is only a couple of weeks away and I’m really looking forward to it. Jeremy Keith popped round this afternoon and we quickly ran through our draft talk. I’m sure most of the speakers will be writing their talks on the flight over, but I’m a little too organised (anal) for that.

In the SXSW mood, I spent the rest of the afternoon going over the SXSW site and organising what sessions and events I want to attend. I’ve posted my iCal Calendar online and you can also subscribe to it if you’d like. This is probably only of interest to a handful of people, but what the heck, it’s my site!

I’ve not been to SXSW before, but luckily Ian Lloyd gave me the low-down on our recent Geekend in London. However If you’ve been to Austin before and especially if you’ve been to SXSW before, I’d love to hear your top tips for making the most of my time there. Also, If you’re going this year which talks are you most looking forward to attending and who are you looking forward to meeting up with?

Posted at February 27, 2005 8:49 PM

Comments

Mike D. said on February 27, 2005 9:59 PM

Hey alright! You’re coming to our typography panel! We’ll have to exchange diving stories. Still very jealous of your Red Sea trip.

Dan Cederholm said on February 27, 2005 10:42 PM

Whoa - Kings of Leon are playing on Sunday? Excellent. I’m headed out to see them this evening up here in Boston. Good to hear that not all the good bands are waiting for the geeks to leave later in the week :-)

Dan said on February 27, 2005 11:43 PM

I’m heading over to Austin for my first ever SXSW too. So i can’t really offer any tips.

Cool to see you’re going to Kings of Leon. Maxine from Westciv and I will be headed to that too. Maybe we can get a crew of web geeks together.

Am looking forward to your talk.

Krassy said on February 28, 2005 10:48 AM

SXSW Interactive was great last year. I had an amazing time. I blogged a bit about my experience:
SXSW 2004 - Cheers Austin!

There’s plenty to do in Austin. The nightlife is happening - especially during SXSW, plus, they have free Wi-Fi in most Downtown cafes.

Here are some photos that I took:
Pictures from Austin

Make sure to catch a presentation by Jeffrey Veen from Adaptive Path

Have a great time!

Andy Budd said on March 7, 2005 11:39 PM

Andy,

Thanks for the post.  I feel so unorganized because I haven’t planned out my itinerary yet.  I asked for some help on my blog but didn’t get many responses.

This will be my first SXSW as well so I’m probably even more lost on what sessions and events to go to than you.

At any rate I’m excited about meeting fellow developers and I hope to meet some of the authors of the blogs I read; like you, Mike Davison, Dan Cederholm, Doug Boweman, etc

Brent O'Connor said on March 7, 2005 11:39 PM