On the Cutting Room Floor | December 31, 2005

I keep a file on my desktop called “blog posts.rtf” where I jot down ideas for interesting posts. Each idea usually consists of a title and a couple of lines of text. Occasionally they can also contain a bullet list of points, links to resources and code samples. Theses are all ideas that, for one reason or another, I’ve just never got around to writing up.

Some of them are now defunct, such as bugs in Opera or Firefox that have been fixed, or topics that have been discussed on other sites. However many of them still have potential and may make it onto this site next year, assuming I have the time. Anyway, here is the list in chronological order (oldest first)

Posted at December 31, 2005 11:35 AM

Comments

Neil said on December 31, 2005 3:23 PM

I for one would love to hear your ideas on Email management. What with a work email address, a floating web mail account, domain email…..It’s all on!!

Justin Thorp said on December 31, 2005 7:56 PM

I do that too. I keep a list of blog post ideas. I will also usually keep about 30 tabs open in Firefox with things that I want to write about.

Jeff Croft said on December 31, 2005 11:24 PM

“PNG Nightmares”

Let guess: it’s about color-matching. That drives me f’ing nuts, too.

Julian Schrader said on January 1, 2006 9:51 PM

I’m very interested in your topic “Manage Milestones, Not Tasks” - management and getting things done is something very interesting because everyone has another way to do certain things. It’s nice to see other’s ways and to compare several methods.

sts said on January 24, 2006 10:49 PM

Hey Andy!

What about writing an entry about: “Typical Arguments For Design Using Tables”, because most articles about css/tables are already philosophizing about when to not use them. Since designs using tables became so much unpopular in webdesigner’s spheres most articles already tell you when to not use tables. So where is using tables in which context, when O.k.?