Four Things: The Madness Stops Here | January 25, 2006

I generally don’t like memes, but this one got passed to me by Steve and it would have been rude to say no!

Four jobs I’ve had in my life

To name but a few.

Four movies I can watch over and over

Four TV shows I love to watch

Four places I have lived

Four places I have been on holiday (in the last year and a half)

Four of my favourite dishes

Four websites I visit daily

And that’s about it at the moment. I’ve been so busy the last 6 months I’ve not had chance to keep track of my favorite sites. Definitely not on a daily basis anyway.

Four places I would rather be right now

Four bloggers I am tagging

Posted at January 25, 2006 11:46 PM

Comments

Glen C. said on January 26, 2006 2:38 AM

Point of contention! 24 is not rubbish.

Nathan Smith said on January 26, 2006 5:54 AM

Good call on the Pad Thai, excellent dish. They’ve got a really good Thai restaurant in my town, and my eyes were recently opened to this new and wonderful cuisine.

Tomas Jogin said on January 26, 2006 6:37 AM

Oh my god, thank you for (trying to) set a stop to this bullshit. “Four things” is so LiveJournal, so Blog 1.0. This is 2006, people!

Rob Wilmshurst said on January 26, 2006 10:17 AM

I second that Tomas - over the last 24 hours my feeds have all but been taken over by ‘four things’ type posts.
On the other hand, it’s proof that the less frequent bloggers aren’t all retired and making a living selling oranges on the Ivory Coast ;)

Cameron Adams said on January 27, 2006 5:01 AM

Can’t you just tell that Stephen Fry wrote all the text on the QI web page?

And the BBC really does have to look beyond the 80’s for set design inspiration.

Olly said on January 27, 2006 2:26 PM

Shark Wrangler? Good sir, I feel that there is a story to be told here.

Marcus Derencius said on January 27, 2006 3:03 PM

Finally I found someone who likes The Big Lebowski too. I don’t know why people don’t like it. :-)

Patrick said on January 28, 2006 1:24 PM

A popular blogger and author who doesn’t generally like memes? You’re a veritable meme machine!

Another Big Lebowski fan here, but Con Air? What’s going on there Andy? :)

patrick said on January 29, 2006 5:53 AM

We have a little something called Lebowski Fest coming up here in Los Angeles in early March, http://www.lebowskifest.com/la2006.asp

Surely, SXSW can’t hold a candle to this, can it?

Andy Budd said on January 29, 2006 6:58 PM

Yes, the four things meme (pronounced like “theme” rather than “them” for our American visitors) has really taken over the blogshpere (god I hate that name) the last few days.

I totally agree about the 80’s thing Cameron. Even the music to QI is from the 80’s, or maybe even the 70’s. Still, can’t fault the program.

Olly, I’m a qualified dive instructor and spent a few months working on the Great Barrier Reef where one of my jobs was as a safety diver on shark feeds (which I personally think are a very bad thing and should be discouraged). The “shark wrangler” term started life as an ironic reference to the movie, “Deep Blue Sea”, but kind-of stuck. By far the most scary part of that job had nothing to do with sharks, it was watching out for the arm eating moray eel armed only with a wooden kitchen spoon. Now that’s scary!

Marcus, I thought everybody liked the the dude?

Partick, you mean that Con Air isn’t one of your top four movies of all time? Weird. Seriously though, it’s not in my top four movies either. Probably not in my top 20. However it’s a great mindless action movie and one I can watch over and over again without getting bored.

Other Patrick, I’ve heard of the lebowskifest before and it sure looks fun. Sadly my tickets for Austin are booked now and they are non-changable. Maybe next year?

Nik said on January 29, 2006 10:54 PM

Thank You!

mark lloyd said on February 2, 2006 3:24 AM

yay sydney

fish mouth said on February 6, 2006 2:19 PM

Hey really nice 4 dishes!

THey’re all british, ene geezah?

a proud member….