Win an iPod Shuffle with cssmastery.com | February 26, 2006

iPod Shuffle on a copy of CSS Mastery

If you’d like the chance to win an iPod Shuffle, check out the new competition over at cssmastery.com. To enter, all you need to do is get a picture taken of yourself with a copy of my new book, CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions. Post the picture up on cssmastery.com and the best, funniest or coolest pic wins. Simple as that!

To check out the rules and post up your pics, head over to the iPod Shuffle competition page now.

Posted at February 26, 2006 9:45 PM

Comments

Michael said on February 27, 2006 8:41 AM

darn!

How about taking a picture of myself holding an iPod shuffle in order to win a copy of CSS Mastery?
Now THAT would be a treat !
;-)

Allan Reyes said on February 27, 2006 12:26 PM

At last! Just got my copy today from Amazon and will surely post my entry ASAP for that iPod.

Eddie Sowden said on February 27, 2006 3:24 PM

Hmm nice marketing ploy to get people to buy your book. “with a copy of CSS Mastery” so it doesnt have to belong to me. Right next stop the book store with my camera :)

JaX said on February 27, 2006 6:51 PM

Oh man, I’ve got to come up with an idea! Blast, I have to think now.

Andy Budd said on February 27, 2006 11:36 PM

Don’t worry too much about silly ideas or concepts. Any good, interesting or fun pictures will do. It could just be a pic of you reading the book in the garden, outside a local landmark or monument, or on holiday. If you’re going to SXSW you could maybe grab a pic with the author, maybe somebody completely random that looks vaguely like me. The photo opportunities are endless.

Chris Heilmann said on February 28, 2006 11:04 AM

Could I also get a cheap mortgage or increase the size of my errr… bankaccount instead?

I ordered it some weeks ago, haven’t gotten it yet. Seems like the buggers at Caiman want the shuffle for themselves.

Andrew said on March 1, 2006 4:51 AM

Regarding cssmastery.com,

You’ve got some text-decoration zooming out from under your image replacement links on both the main page and the Tuscany mock up (I’m using Firefox.) Secondly, is the “doodles” subdomain supposed to be different from the main page? Maybe you’re doing some live editing at this exact moment — nothing changes when I click the first case study link.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading the book!

ilkka harmanen said on March 1, 2006 12:37 PM

The book finally found its way to Finland too! I surely be experimenting something with it and my camera. Shuffle, here I come!

Andrea said on March 1, 2006 12:56 PM

Hi,
congratulation for your excellent new book. I have a subscription with Safari: do you plan to release an electronic version of “CSS Mastery”? Otherwise I will be “forced” to buy the hard copy on Amazon.

Andy Budd said on March 1, 2006 4:17 PM

Thanks for letting me know about the doodles subdomain. The files were up there, but when I checked just now, noting! The whole folder had just vanished off the server, which is slightly concerning. Anyway, I re-uploaded the files so it should be working now.

Mel hogan said on March 24, 2006 6:46 PM

Andy,
Got the Book. Read it. Did the 2nd example of rounded corners. Works great, unless I need to add minimum height to the box, then it gets all whacky on me, as the bg image on the div shows behind the .last element in the code. Thoughts?