Have a Super Time at SXSWi 2006 | March 7, 2006

As some of you may know, I’m going to be speaking at SXSWi again this year. Last year I was lucky enough to team up with fellow Clearlefter Jeremy Keith for a tongue-in-cheek talk entitled How to Bluff Your Way in CSS.

This year I have the pleasure of joining forces with fellow Britpacker Andy Clarke, for a talk entitled How to be a Web Design Superhero. This years presentation takes place on Saturday at 11:30am in room 18ABC so feel free to drop by if the Ajax talk is full.

As a bit of fun. I’m going to be giving away a couple of copies of CSS Mastery and Blog Design Solutions for the best supehero themed outfit of the day. This could be as simple as you turning up in your favourite superman t-shirt or as involved as a full superhero costume. I doubt anybody will actually have the nerve to come in costume, but it would be funny to look out into an audience full of superheroes.

After the talk I’m going to be doing a book signing at the SXSW book store so if you want me to deface your copy of CSS Mastery with my illegible handwriting, please drop by.

Like the previous years presentation, this is a bit of fun to get the conference rolling. You won’t learn any cool new CSS tricks, or come out of our session with X-ray vision, but at the very least we hope you’ll enjoy the slides.

Slide showing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman

Slide showing the Fantastic Four

Slide showing the Hulk

Slide showing the Justice League of America

Posted at March 7, 2006 4:32 PM

Comments

Adam Schilling said on March 7, 2006 6:05 PM

Hilarious. Must see Flickr, even.

PS. Alex Ross is a master (artist).

Eddie Sowden said on March 7, 2006 8:32 PM

Have you planned your outfit for the day yet? What did you pick the standard superman outfit or were you going a bit more adventures with an “Green Ranger” outfit?

Wish I could be there to see it. Shame its the other side of the pond.

Ms. Jen said on March 7, 2006 8:47 PM

Sigh… why are there always back to back same time slot panels when on Monday & Tuesday there are whole time slots that are boring?

In 2001 they had 3 tracks: design, business/marketing, and coding. I almost wish they would bring the track system back so there would not be conflicts: design/code, business/marketing, and community/whatever.

Is there still talk of a trip to the Apple store? I am organizing a Friday noon trip to Whole Foods (tons of delicatible veggie and organic lunch foods in the food court), if anyone is interested, leaving from Hampton via foot.

Daniel Schutzsmith said on March 8, 2006 4:08 AM

Have fun and don’t party too hard!

Ian Lloyd said on March 8, 2006 8:32 AM

Hey, I wonder if Captain Badass will make another appearance?
(and who’da thought that Captain Badass was 100 years old and his real name is Stuart Faggins. With a name like that you’d have to dress so ridiculously to divert attention!)

Sawyer the Lawyer said on March 11, 2006 8:34 PM

Can I come as George Clooney? Although he’s not a superhero he once played Batman and I’m told I’m the spit of him. By the way I’ve added you to my blog roll.

goodwitch said on March 22, 2006 10:19 PM

I’m still convinced that the only reason you didn’t wear a costume at SXSWi is because you truly are a superhero (and true superheroes don’t flaunt their secret identities).