CSS Mastery Availability and Competition Update | April 7, 2006

If you’ve been waiting for your copy of CSS Mastery to arrive, I just wanted to give you a quick update on what’s going on. It appears that my publisher (bless their little cotton socks) seriously underestimated demand for the book and didn’t print enough copies. Consequently, the first print run sold out surprisingly quickly and caught them on the hop. They rushed out a second emergency print run, which reached stores a couple of weeks ago, and went some way to clearing the backlog of orders. So if you ordered your copy a while ago, it should hopefully get to you fairly soon.

There is another, much larger print run on the way and I’m confident this will sort out the current supply issues. However if you don’t want to wait, you can now buy CSS Mastery as an eBook.

Because of the delays, I’ve decided to extend the CSS Mastery Photo Competition until Sunday the 16th April, to give you enough time to get your copy and start snapping. There are already some great pictures up there so picking a winner is going to be a tough call.

[Update] btw, if you do choose to buy the book from Amazon, please consider using my associate links. The commission you get from writing a book isn’t huge, so using the affiliate links makes a big difference.

Posted at April 7, 2006 7:41 PM

Comments

Mark Benson said on April 7, 2006 9:54 PM

Andy, do you have any information on how many copies have been sold to-date?

Oliver said on April 7, 2006 9:56 PM

Damn, so there’s hope. I’ve already bought your book (after reading one fantastic review after the other) at amazon - but they are not delivering yet. I come back to the “open orders” page every day to see if there’s an update. I have some reading time to spent on easter while relaxing with my family ;)

Thanks for the update, I am really, really, really looking forward for reading CSS Mastery!

Neil said on April 8, 2006 9:16 AM

I cant wait for my copy to arrive!! I have THE best idea for a photo!

Im really glad your book is doing well.

Sugar said on April 8, 2006 11:06 AM

Yep, I’m in the little clique of people waiting anxiously for their copy too.

I hope I get mine soon. :)

Ben said on April 8, 2006 12:24 PM

My copy arrived this morning only four days after ordering it on Amazon. Free delivery aswell, can’t argue with that.

Cooper said on April 8, 2006 1:08 PM

Wooohooo for the extension, I got my copy on Thursday.

Rob Goodlatte said on April 8, 2006 6:30 PM

Congrats on selling so well.

I’m currently working through Jeremy’s DOM Scripting book (which is awesome) and your book is in the mail from Amazon.

Fuzzy Orange said on April 10, 2006 4:12 PM

I ordered a copy from Amazon and they dont seem to have any stock problems

Arrived in 2 working days

Already half way through the book, its absolutely brilliant!

Alberto said on April 11, 2006 3:50 PM

Hi,
there is a problem with the link to the Apress site: the book in the cart is DOM Scripting, not CSS Mastery. It is a bug of the Apress site: when you add CSS Mastery e-book to the cart in fact you are purchasing DOM Scripting (!?!)

Jose Carlos said on April 11, 2006 4:26 PM

A friend of mine is trying to buy some books for me. I gave him a 8 books list, and I was surprised to see that the only two that are missing are CSS Mastery and Blog Design Solutions. :( they are in the top of my list. My friend is returning to Portugal the 24th of April, is it too soon to get them?

Jose Carlos