Web Design Books: Wishlist | September 4, 2006

There have been some great books released recently, and there are even more on the way. Here is the list of books I’m looking forward to reading. What books do you want to get your hand on?

Posted at September 4, 2006 10:36 PM

Comments

Natalie Jost said on September 4, 2006 11:48 PM

Talent is not Enough is one I’ve referenced a lot this past year. I also enjoyed the short Access by Design, by Sarah Horton because it seems to be written for designers (not coders), which is something I don’t see much lately. I’ve been hearing good things about Don’t Make me Think, so I’ll probably get that one soon.

This is a nice list, thanks so much for sharing it. I particularly like the one on business blogging. Looks interesting!

Nate K said on September 5, 2006 12:43 AM

Thanks for the great list. As with some of your other recommendations, I am going to check out some of these at amazon and others. I have a few CSS books coming, but none of them really jump out at me anymore. Same with usability books at this point. Im looking for some fresh material on some different aspects - and this list seems to have some interesting topics.

Thanks for all the great lists.

Julian Bennett Holmes said on September 5, 2006 2:04 AM

My #1 book I want to read right now isn’t exactly new, but it’s supposed to be amazing:
Don’t Make Me Think

Although PPK on JavaScript looks really good.

Jeff Croft said on September 5, 2006 5:11 AM

Great list, Andy! Thanks so much for including Pro CSS Techniques. Dan, Ian, and myself know that CSS books are a dime a dozen these days, and we’re definitely working hard to make Pro CSS Techniques a little bit different than the rest. I hope you won’t be disappointed. :)

Thanks again!

Zeke said on September 14, 2006 11:01 AM

CSS cookbook looks like it will be a neat book.

I’ll be checking out Pro CSS techniques, it looks very promising.

So far my favorite css book was yours, CSS Mastery, it was an easy enjoyable read, I learned a ton. (I’m a css-noob)

If someone were to write a book just showing nothing, but how to do different css layouts, I’d buy it in a second. hint. hint. ;)