How to Bluff Your Way in Web 2.0 | March 11, 2007

SXSW has been lots of fun so far, and it’s only the second day. It’s much, much bigger than previous years, although I say that every year. This year there are eight tracks spread across two levels of the convention centre, so the is a lot of running around between rooms and bumping into people on the fly. There are so many cool people here, fleeting conversations are the norm, and quality time is in short supply.

Jeremy and Myself did our talk yesterday morning. I always like doing talks on the first day as it gets things out of the way and frees up your time for the important job of drinking and socialising. Our talk this year was entitled “How to Bluff your Way in Web 2.0” and if you’ve seen any of our previous SXSW sessions, you’ll know that it was vaguely tongue-in-cheek. The talk went extremely well, and Jeremy had the crowd eating out of his hand. I’ll post a link to the mp3 when it comes on line in a few months, but in the meantime, feel free to download our slides.

Oh, and if you happen to be in Austin Monday evening, I hope to see you at The Great British Booze-up which starts at 7:30pm at the Lava Lounge on 7th Street, just round the corner from the Iron Cactus. There will be food, free drinks and great music, so hope to see you all there.

Posted at March 11, 2007 3:28 PM

Comments

Bramus! said on March 12, 2007 8:51 AM

Thanks for this very nice presentation. Slide 12 reminds me of something I wrote in December … ;)

“Great minds think alike” or is it “fools never differ”?

Regards,
B!

Des Traynor said on March 12, 2007 3:04 PM

Nice one Andy, the slides look good. Hopefully I’ll catch an mp3 of the talk.

It looks like we were well on our way to bluffing web 2.0 with Nakatomi…

Respiro said on March 12, 2007 3:23 PM

Great slides with valuable information. Thank you!

On page 28 you wrote: “Web 2.0 is so last year. I’m focussing on web 3.0.”

I would be very interested in hearing/reading your prophecy about web 3.0!

Jermayn Parker said on March 14, 2007 4:49 AM

Downloading and looking at as we speak. Thanks

I am interested in what people think and say about web 2.0. I think its just a buzz word but I like to hear other peoples opinions on it, so thanks

Rob Sandie said on March 14, 2007 4:53 PM

Hi Andy, just wanted to let you know we uploaded coverage of this video. You are awesome man this video is great.

Rizwan said on March 15, 2007 11:22 AM

Hi Andy,
I’m very interested to work in css. Last one month i did two site also. I’m not using 100% css also on those two site. Can u pls tell me witch book is better to learn css more.

Andy Ford said on March 15, 2007 6:59 PM

I heard of this on the Boagworld podcast and figured I’d have to wait ages to see/hear it… thanks to Rob Sandie for posting the video!